The Rule of Four
- Titel: The Rule of Four / Ian Caldwell. Narrator: Josh Hamilton
- Person(en): Caldwell, Ian ; Hamilton, Josh
- Ausgabe: Abridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (5 audio files) : digital
- Erschienen: New York : Simon & Schuster, 2004
- ISBN/Preis: 9780743585064 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Fiction ; Literature ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Abridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 169930 KB).
Inhalt: A mysterious coded manuscript, a violent Ivy League murder, and the secrets of a Renaissance prince collide in a labyrinth of betrayal, madness, and genius.THE RULE OF FOURPrinceton. Good Friday, 1999. On the eve of graduation, two students are a hairsbreadth from solving the mysteries of the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. Famous for its hypnotic power over those who study it, the five-hundred-year-old Hypnerotomachia may finally reveal its secrets -- to Tom Sullivan, whose father was obsessed with the book, and Paul Harris, whose future depends on it. As the deadline looms, research has stalled -- until an ancient diary surfaces. What Tom and Paul discover inside shocks even them: proof that the location of a hidden crypt has been ciphered within the pages of the obscure Renaissance text.Armed with this final clue, the two friends delve into the bizarre world of the Hypnerotomachia -- a world of forgotten erudition, strange sexual...