Dead in the Water
- Titel: Dead in the Water : A Cherringham Mystery / Neil Richards
- Reihe: Cherringham
- Person(en): Richards, Neil
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource
- Erschienen: Dortmund : Bastei Entertainment, 2016
- ISBN/Preis: 9783732518548 (electronic bk)
- Schlagwörter: Fiction ; Mystery ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Title from eBook information screen. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 482 KB) or Kobo app or compatible Kobo device (file size: N/A KB).
Inhalt: On the night of the school prom, a young teacher is found dead in the Thames in a drug-related accident. It seems - at first - to be another sign that Cherringham High is spiralling out of control. The new head however is convinced that the teacher's death is suspicious and quietly calls in Sarah Edwards. With her one-time detective partner, Jack Brennan, back in America, Sarah is at first reluctant to take on the case. But when she does get involved, it soon becomes clear that the tragic accident might really be a case of murder - and even Sarah herself could be in danger... "Dead in the Water" is the first full-length novel set in the sleepy English village of Cherringham, featuring the unlikely sleuthing duo Sarah, an English web designer, and Jack, American ex-cop. Thrilling and deadly - but with a spot of tea - it's like Rosamunde Pilcher meets Inspector Barnaby. For fans of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple series, Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who series, Caroline Graham's Midsomer Murders, and the American TV series Murder She Wrote, starring Angela Lansbury. Co-authors Neil Richards (based in the UK) and Matthew Costello (based in the US), have been writing together since the mid 90's, creating content and working on projects for the BBC, Disney Channel, Sony, ABC, Eidos, and Nintendo to name but a few. Their transatlantic collaboration has underpinned scores of TV drama scripts, computer games, radio shows, and - most recently - the successful crime fiction series Cherringham. First released as eBook novellas, Cherringham is popular around the world, has been adapted as a series of audiobooks in Germany and will be realeased as audiobooks in the UK in Summer 2016.