- Titel: Circe / Madeline Miller
- Person(en): Miller, Madeline
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource
- Erschienen: London : Bloomsbury Publishing, 2018
- ISBN/Preis: 9781408890066 (electronic bk)
- Schlagwörter: Fiction ; Fantasy ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Title from eBook information screen. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1149 KB) or Kobo app or compatible Kobo device (file size: N/A KB).
Inhalt: From the Orange Prize-winning, internationally bestselling author of The Song of Achilles comes the powerful story of the mythological witch Circe, inspired by Homer's OdysseyChosen as must-read book of 2018 by the Guardian, Independent, Mail on Sunday, Sunday Express and StylistIn the house of Helios, god of the sun and mightiest of the Titans, a daughter is born. But Circe has neither the look nor the voice of divinity, and is scorned and rejected by her kin. Increasingly isolated, she turns to mortals for companionship, leading her to discover a power forbidden to the gods: witchcraft. When love drives Circe to cast a dark spell, wrathful Zeus banishes her to the remote island of Aiaia. There she learns to harness her occult craft, drawing strength from nature. But she will not always be alone; many are destined to pass through Circe's place of exile, entwining their fates with hers. The messenger god, Hermes. The craftsman, Daedalus. A ship bearing a golden fleece. And wily Odysseus, on his epic voyage home.There is danger for a solitary woman in this world, and Circe's independence draws the wrath of men and gods alike. To protect what she holds dear, Circe must decide whether she belongs with the deities she is born from, or the mortals she has come to love.Breathing life into the ancient world, Madeline Miller weaves an intoxicating tale of gods and heroes, magic and monsters, survival and transformation.