- Titel: Art Matters : Because Your Imagination Can Change the World / Neil Gaiman. Narrator: Neil Gaiman
- Person(en): Gaiman, Neil ; Gaiman, Neil
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (1 audio file) : digital 00:49:34
- Erschienen: New York : HarperAudio, 2018
- ISBN/Preis: 9780062906922 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Art ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 23238 KB).
Inhalt: A stunning and timely creative call-to-arms combining four extraordinary written pieces by Neil Gaiman."The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before."—Neil GaimanDrawn from Gaiman's trove of published speeches, poems, and creative manifestos, Art Matters is an embodiment of this remarkable multi-media artist's vision—an exploration of how reading, imagining, and creating can transform the world and our lives.Art Matters bring together four of Gaiman's most beloved writings on creativity and artistry: "Credo," his remarkably concise and relevant manifesto on free expression, first delivered in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings"Make Good Art," his famous 2012 commencement address delivered at the Philadelphia University of the Arts"Making a Chair," a poem about the joys of creating something, even when words won't come"On Libraries," an impassioned argument for libraries that illuminates their importance to our future and celebrates how they foster readers and daydreamers.Art Matters is a stirring testament to the freedom of ideas that inspires us to make art in the face of adversity, and dares us to choose to be bold.