The Body Is Not an Apology
- Titel: The Body Is Not an Apology : The Power of Radical Self-Love / Sonya Renee Taylor. Narrator: Sonya Renee Taylor
- Person(en): Renee Taylor, Sonya ; Renee Taylor, Sonya
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (5 audio files) : digital 04:48:58
- Erschienen: San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2018
- ISBN/Preis: 9781626569805 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Self-Improvement ; Sociology ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 135473 KB).
Inhalt: A global movement guided by love Humans are a varied and divergent bunch with all manner of beliefs, morals, and bodies. Systems of oppression thrive off our inability to make peace with difference and injure the relationship we have with our own bodies. The Body Is Not an Apology offers radical self-love as the balm to heal the wounds inflicted by these violent systems. World-renowned activist and poet Sonya Renee Taylor invites us to reconnect with the radical origins of our minds and bodies and celebrate our collective, enduring strength. As we awaken to our own indoctrinated body shame, we feel inspired to awaken others and to interrupt the systems that perpetuate body shame and oppression against all bodies. When we act from this truth on a global scale, we usher in the transformative opportunity of radical self-love, which is the opportunity for a more just, equitable, and compassionate world—for us all.