The Final Case
- Titel: The Final Case : A novel / David Guterson. Narrator: George Newbern
- Person(en): Guterson, David [Verfasser*in] ; Newbern, George
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (10 audio files) : digital 07:28:03
- Erschienen: New York : Random House Audio, 2022
- ISBN/Preis: 9780593454909 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Fiction ; Literature ; Mystery ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 210063 KB).
Inhalt: From the award-winning, best-selling author of Snow Falling on Cedars— a moving father-son story that is also a taut courtroom drama and a bold examination of privilege, power, and how to live a meaningful life. A girl dies one late, rainy night a few feet from the back door of her home. The girl, Abeba, was born in Ethiopia. Her adoptive parents, Delvin and Betsy Harvey—conservative, white fundamentalist Christians—are charged with her murder. Royal, a Seattle criminal attorney in the last days of his long career, takes Betsy Harvey's case. An octogenarian without a driver's license, he leans on his son—the novel's narrator—as he prepares for trial. So begins The Final Case, a bracing, astute, and deeply affecting examination of justice and injustice—and familial love. David Guterson's first courtroom drama since Snow Falling on Cedars, it is his most compelling and heartfelt novel to date.