- Titel: Unseen City : The Majesty of Pigeons, the Discreet Charm of Snails & Other Wonders of the Urban Wilderness / Nathanael Johnson
- Person(en): Johnson, Nathanael
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource
- Erschienen: Emmaus : Rodale, 2016
- ISBN/Preis: 9781623363864 (electronic bk)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Biography & Autobiography ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Title from eBook information screen. Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1147 KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
Inhalt: It all started with Nathanael Johnson's decision to teach his daughter the name of every tree they passed on their walk to day care in San Francisco. This project turned into a quest to discover the secrets of the neighborhood's flora and fauna, and yielded more than names and trivia: Johnson developed a relationship with his nonhuman neighbors.Johnson argues that learning to see the world afresh, like a child, shifts the way we think about nature: Instead of something distant and abstract, nature becomes real—all at once comical, annoying, and beautiful. This shift can add tremendous value to our lives, and it might just be the first step in saving the world.No matter where we live—city, country, oceanside, ormountains—there are wonders that we walk past every day...