- Titel: The Reckoning : A Novel / John Grisham. Narrator: Michael Beck
- Person(en): Grisham, John ; Beck, Michael
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (14 audio files) : digital 17:36:46
- Erschienen: New York : Random House Audio, 2018
- ISBN/Preis: 9780525639282 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Fiction ; Suspense ; Thriller ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 495429 KB).
Inhalt: #1 bestselling author John Grisham's The Reckoning is his most powerful, surprising, and suspenseful thriller yet. "A murder mystery, a courtroom drama, a family saga...The Reckoning is Grisham's argument that he's not just a boilerplate thriller writer. Most jurors will think the counselor has made his case."—USA Today October 1946, Clanton, Mississippi Pete Banning was Clanton, Mississippi's favorite son—a decorated World War II hero, the patriarch of a prominent family, a farmer, father, neighbor, and a faithful member of the Methodist church. Then one cool October morning he rose early, drove into town, and committed a shocking crime. Pete's only statement about it—to the sheriff, to his lawyers, to the judge, to the jury, and to his family—was: "I have nothing to say." He was not afraid of death and was willing to take his motive to the grave. In a major novel unlike anything he has written before, John Grisham takes us on an incredible journey, from the Jim Crow South to the jungles of the Philippines during World War II; from an insane asylum filled with secrets to the Clanton courtroom where Pete's defense attorney tries desperately to save him. Reminiscent of the finest tradition of Southern Gothic storytelling, The Reckoning would not be complete without Grisham's signature layers of legal suspense, and he delivers on every page.