Do You Mind If I Cancel?
- Titel: Do You Mind If I Cancel? : (Things That Still Annoy Me) / Gary Janetti. Narrator: Gary Janetti
- Person(en): Janetti, Gary ; Janetti, Gary
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (3 audio files) : digital 03:39:08
- Erschienen: New York : Macmillan Audio, 2019
- ISBN/Preis: 9781250242976 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Essays ; Humor (Nonfiction) ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 102729 KB).
Inhalt: "If you love storytelling in the style of David Sedaris, this audiobook—narrated by Janetti himself—is for you." — Yahoo Lifestyle This program is read by the author. Fans of David Sedaris, Jenny Lawson, and Tina Fey... meet your new friend Gary Janetti. Gary Janetti, the writer and producer for some of the most popular television comedies of all time, and creator of one of the most wickedly funny Instagram accounts there is, now turns his skills into a hilarious, and poignant audiobook chronicling the pains and indignities of everyday life. Gary spends his twenties in New York, dreaming of starring on soap operas while in reality working at a hotel where he lusts after an unattainable colleague and battles a bellman who despises it when people actually use a bell to call him. He chronicles the torture of finding a job before the internet when you had to talk on the phone all the time, and fantasizes, as we all do, about who to tell off when he finally wins an Oscar. As Gary himself says, "These are essays from my childhood and young adulthood about things that still annoy me." Original, brazen, and laugh out loud funny, Do You Mind if I Cancel? is something not to be missed. Praise for Do You Mind If I Cancel?: "Gary Janetti's book is so rolling-on-the-floor funny, so brilliantly observant, and so full of heart." — Kevin Kwan "The writing of Gary Janetti, whether televised or tweeted, is famously incisive and sharp-tongued. What a revelation it was, therefore, to discover in these revealing personal essays an artist of great tenderness and vulnerability. And he's still funny as hell." — Armistead Maupin "It's no surprise that Gary Janetti's book is laugh-out-loud funny. It is just as cutting, wild, and droll as I hoped." - Taylor Jenkins Reid, New York Times bestselling author of Daisy Jones and the Six