The Salt Path
- Titel: The Salt Path / Raynor Winn. Narrator: Raynor Winn
- Person(en): Winn, Raynor [Verfasser*in] ; Winn, Raynor
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (8 audio files) : digital 09:01:38
- Erschienen: London : Penguin, 2019
- ISBN/Preis: 9781405944786 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Biography & Autobiography ; New Age ; Sports & Recreations ; Electronic books
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 253924 KB).
Inhalt: Brought to you by Penguin. The story of the couple who lost everything and embarked on a journey, not of escape, but salvation. This audiobook edition is narrated by Raynor Winn. Just days after Raynor learns that Moth, her husband of 32 years, is terminally ill, the couple lose their home and their livelihood. With nothing left and little time, they make the brave and impulsive decision to walk the 630 miles of the sea-swept South West Coast Path, from Somerset to Dorset via Devon and Cornwall. They have almost no money for food or shelter and must carry only the essentials for survival on their backs as they live wild in the ancient, weathered landscape of cliffs, sea and sky. Yet through every step, every encounter, and every test along the way, their walk becomes a remarkable journey. The Salt Path is an unflinchingly honest, inspiring and life-affirming true story of coming to terms with grief and the healing power of the natural world. Ultimately, it is a portrayal of home, and how it can be lost, rebuilt and rediscovered in the most unexpected ways.