- Titel: Burning Boy : The Life and Work of Stephen Crane / Paul Auster. Narrator: Paul Auster
- Person(en): Auster, Paul ; Auster, Paul
- Ausgabe: Unabridged
- Sprache: Englisch
- Originalsprache: Englisch
- Umfang: 1 online resource (32 audio files) : digital 35:49:06
- Erschienen: New York : Macmillan Audio, 2021
- ISBN/Preis: 9781250823762 (sound recording)
- Schlagwörter: Nonfiction ; Biography & Autobiography ; History ; Electronic books
- Link(s): Ausleihe hier Excerpt
- Anmerkungen: Unabridged Requires OverDrive Listen (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive app (file size: 1007510 KB).
Inhalt: This program is read by the author. Booker Prize-shortlisted and New York Times bestselling author Paul Auster's comprehensive, landmark biography of the great American writer Stephen Crane. With Burning Boy , celebrated novelist Paul Auster tells the extraordinary story of Stephen Crane, best known as the author of The Red Badge of Courage , who transformed American literature through an avalanche of original short stories, novellas, poems, journalism, and war reportage before his life was cut short by tuberculosis at age twenty-eight. Auster's probing account of this singular life tracks Crane as he rebounds from one perilous situation to the next: A controversial article written at twenty disrupts the course of the 1892 presidential campaign, a public battle with the New York police department over the false arrest of a prostitute effectively exiles him from the city, a star-crossed love affair with an unhappily married uptown girl tortures him, a common-law marriage to the proprietress of Jacksonville's most elegant bawdyhouse endures, a shipwreck results in his near drowning, he withstands enemy fire to send dispatches from the Spanish-American War, and then he relocates to England, where Joseph Conrad becomes his closest friend and Henry James weeps over his tragic, early death. In Burning Boy , Auster not only puts forth an immersive listen about an unforgettable life but also, casting a dazzled eye on Crane's astonishing originality and productivity, provides uniquely knowing insight into Crane's creative processes to produce the rarest of listening experiences—the dramatic biography of a brilliant writer as only another literary master could tell it. A Macmillan Audio production from Henry Holt and Company
Dieser Titel wird digital angeboten und kann über OverDrive ausgeliehen werden.